Saturday, September 10, 2011

haircuts!









































































another way we have always saved money is by shaving the boys heads. we have not taken the boys to a salon in years. but today was a first for me. hubby taught me how to shave their heads. i have never done it before and it was pretty easy. i practiced on hubbys head first and then moved on down the line of boys. i did them all except for the baby. my fingers were numb when i was done.
another first for me was trimming the girls hair. i was a bit nervous but i told myself, its just hair, we have long hair, and we have curly hair. noone will notice if its a bit crooked ;) i think i was pretty succesful. except when it came to my hair. i let hubby trim that. i think my new goal is to become as self sufficient as i can. learning how to do as much as we can on our own. plus it was fun! 2 and a half hours of haircutting family time!!!
i discovered a couple of things about my boys. they have a few knicks on their heads, resulting in scars. and they dont wash their hair very well. i dont think jonah has ever washed his hair! his head was so caked with dirt. and it stunk!!! it gave us all a pretty good laugh though.

1 comment:

  1. I cut our hair as well. I am, by trade, a pet groomer. I tease my children and say they are much more wiggly than the dogs are.. LOL

    ReplyDelete