Thursday, October 13, 2011

scripture



sometimes it is hard to put into words the work God is doing in my life, so bear with me. it amazes me the way scripture can speak to me. i can read over a passage one time and the next time i read it and its like a light turns on, and that passage makes total sense to me. or i can be wrestling with something in my life and feel convicted about something in my life and God will confirm by sending me a passage of scripture or a person to share some scripture or God given wisdom with me. all of this makes me feel as if im growing by leaps and bounds and it truelly makes me fall in love with Gods word again and again. even better it makes me hungry for more. here are a few scripture verses that have been really speaking to me and convicting me lately.



deuteronomy 6:5-9 i heard in a sermon once that in the jewish culture they wear bracelets that have Gods word rolled up and tucked into it. and they write Gods words on their doorframes. this verse has never left me after that teaching. verse 7 says we should be talking about Gods word always. " when you sit in your house, when you are walking, when you are laying down and rising up" this just about covers all of it!



the books of timothy and titus are a couple of my favorites. it shows me that God doesnt leave anything out when it comes to the way we should live. these books talk about character, conduct and everyday christian living. a couple passages that i love are,



1 timothy 2:8-15



1 timothy 5:8



titus 2:3-5



romans 6



i could go on and on! i encourage you to read Gods word. take time to read these passages on your own. dig deep. pray before you read and ask God for a soft heart and a teachable spirit.



2 comments:

  1. over here we have been exploring Galatians 5:16 It is one of Hunter's memory verses. We have been relating what "Lusts of the flesh" look like to a 9 year old boy.

    when you place yourself into scripture it speaks the loudest.

    we are learning that for a 9 year old it looks like not obeying mom the first time, it means being mean to a sibling, it means not doing your best work.

    When scripture changes us, we are letting the Holy Spirit work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen julie!!! sometimes i just stand back in awe of Gods word! its hard to put into words! i have only been a christian 9 years but it probably took 5 of those years to realize all of this!

    ReplyDelete