Friday, October 21, 2011

projects



today my 12 year old daughter started experimenting with old jeans. she has had so much fun this morning converting old jeans into skirts!! and i think she is doing a great job. emily has so many pairs of jeans that she does not wear. she prefers skirts. so savanah is taking these jeans and cutting the leg seams, then adding a peice of fabric to the center and sewing it up. voila! a new skirt! she has only made one and i know they will get cleaner looking as she has more practice. emily is super excited to have some "new" skirts to wear. i think this qualifies as recycled and frugal and homemaking skills. just like the children get a satisfaction out of eating the fruits of their labor, i think they will get the same out of wearing the fruits of their labor.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I commented and then clicked too fast before I saw the verification and it didn't post. LOL Here goes again!

    I love this!! It's such a great idea, and your daughter did a fantastic job! The lady around the corner from me has agreed to take me in and mentor me in learning to sew, and I may just copy this project. I agree about it being frugal, and skills, and kids getting more from the fruits of their labor. This is perfect all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! she is having alot of fun making them. what a blessing you have someone that will teach you. i think my girls will have to teach me someday :)

    ReplyDelete