Wednesday, April 21, 2010

miracle

well in the days that follow things were up and down. the doctors kept telling me everything i was feeling was normal for what i had just gone through. i ended up getting a blood transfusion when my hemoglobin kept dropping. bu i didnt feel that instant " high" they told me id feel. my blood pressure was still so high. and my pulse was resting at 140! that they also said was normal because my body had to work so hard to pump what little blood i had.
the baby was getting better each day. there were a few bumps in the road but after he got through those he improved each day. i ended up going home after 4 days. my hemoglobin was only at a 7.3 and i was on blood pressure meds. i really dont think i should have been sent home. i had to ride in a wheelchair still because of the anemia. i could barely make it through a shower without getting winded. not too mention the blood pressure meds left me feeling dizzy all the time.
josiah came home on day 6. he was amazing. thriving so well! which is good because i felt so preoccupied with my own health. i spent my daus on a couch eating and pumping breastmilk for my liitle guy. i really didnt think i was going to get better! it felt like such a slow proceess! anemia is not easy to recover from. the next couple months were filled with doctors appointments.
josiah continued to thrive and slowly i felt better. my dov took me off the blood pressure meds although it wa still high. he was sure by post partem it would go down. almost immediatly my headaches came back. i was so worried. but just like doc said right at that 6 week mark it came way down! and continued blood work showed that i was overcoming anemia. to this date my hemoglobin is back to a 13.4! im wrking out now. energized and feeling pretty normal! its amazing how god designed a womans body to recover from such traumatic childbirths!
i stop and think that my hubby could be a single dad right now, my kids without a mommy. but god is so good! i no longer sit and cry wondering when im going to die! im apreciating all my little ones, my hubby that took such good care of us all! and the amazing god i serve.

1 comment:

  1. wow. so scary. glad that you are doing much better, and that we serve the same amazing God!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete