Friday, August 7, 2009

finally out of the house!

August 7th, 2009
So happy to finally get out of the house. I love getting out there and being involved in stuff! Today we had a park day with our charter school. I needed to get the little ones out somewhere they can run free for awhile. Especially the twins. They are driving me nuts at home. I love being a stay at home mom but I dont understand moms that can actually " stay at home ". Who wants to be cooped up in the house with 8 kids bouncing off the walls! So the park day was fun. The kids had a blast doing the different activities they had set up. And the prize at each game was candy. So needless to say they have tummy aches now :-) It was nice to meet other moms as well. I met a really nice family with 7 kids. Its nice to not feel like a freak for having so many kids and add the fact that we homeschool and people are really freaked out by us! Oh well the shock factor is cool sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. i truely 'stay at home' myself because i find it easier, but i much prefer for the kids not to bounce off the walls....yes, especially the twins. It's much better for them to play outside. i just don't feel like i get enough acomplished at home unless i'm there all the time. I guess i commented too late on Facebook. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean. and i used to feel the same way. but i dont think its healthy for mom or kids to stay in the house all the time. my kids do play outside every day but they need life experiances. people dont believe me when i say i take my kids everywhere i have to go. the store, the doctor, etc. they know how to behave becaus ei have always done it with them. i am the kind of person that needs to busy and get out. i love taking my kids on field trips. we have vistited missions, state parks, etc. these are great things for them to experience! they need it.

    ReplyDelete